North American, Central American & Carribean (NACAC) Mountain Running Championships will be on July 10, 2016 in Guadalajara, Mexico. The all uphill course will be 9.15 km in length and climb 2330′ at a venue North of Guadalajara. Team Leader: Richard Bolt, email@example.com.
The goal of this team selection criteria is to reward top performances by US Mountain Running Team (USMRT) members at past World Mountain Running Championships (WMRC) & NACAC Mountain Running Championships and to provide development opportunities for elite juniors and athletes who just making the USMRT.
Uniforms will be provided by USA Track & Field. (If an athlete qualifies for the team but can’t make the trip due to injury or any other circumstance, the uniform must be returned to USATF).
2016 selection criteria
- Criteria 1: WMRC 2015 order of finish (6 men/4 women)
- Criteria 2: Top 2 WMRC Juniors 2015 (2 men/2 women)
- Criteria 3: Top 2 NACAC 2015 (2 men/2 women)
- Criteria 4: Top athletes at 2015 US Mtn Running Champs who didn’t make USMRT (2 men/2 women)
This gives us a pool of 12 men & 10 women to fill a team of 4 men and 4 women. To fill team spots we will go down the list of athletes in performance & criteria order until all spots are filled. The 2016 team will be announced by May 1, 2016.
2017 selection criteria
- Criteria 1: WMRC 2016 order of finish (6 men/4 women)
- Criteria 2: Top athletes at 2016 US Mtn Running Champs who didn’t make USMRT (2 men/2 women)
- Criteria 3: Top 2 WMRC Juniors 2016 (2 men/2 women)
- Criteria 4: Top 2 NACAC 2016 (2 men/2 women)