October Training Update by Trail Runner Dave Dunham

October Training Update by Trail Runner Dave Dunham

Written by Dave Dunham. Dave lives in Bradford, MA and has been an avid mountain & trail runner for over 2 decades. Racing for the Central Mass Striders, Dave has been an athlete and team staff member on the US Mountain Running Team and won a silver medal at the 1993 World Mountain Running Championships in Gap, France.  Dave has also been a member of Team USA for the IAU 100k World Championships and is now an avid peak-bagger. (Photo above: Dave at the 2014 World Masters Mountain Running Championships in Telfus, Austria).

My focus the last few months has been towards the two “big” races that I’d be doing this month. The masters U.S. 5k road championships and the masters U.S. 5k cross-country championships had been my goal for quite a while. I also had a lot of fun this month, bagging some peaks and running in the final few towns in New Hampshire. I finished the month with two weeks of planned down time and hope to be back to racing early next year.

Month = 225 miles
Year = 2746 miles
Life = 129,834 miles

USA 5k national championship – I headed out to Syracuse for on Saturday for the USATF masters national 5k championship. I haven’t really done any speed work so my expectations weren’t very high. Worst case this would be a good tune-up for the 5k cross-country championships in two weeks. Best case I would take a shot at my senior (50+) personal best which was 17:11. I thought I had an outside shot at the 17:11 time. I got to Syracuse after 300 miles in the car. My knee was tender from holding it in one place for 5 hours. I had planned out a visit to the scenic trail along Lake Onondaga. I was not disappointed as this was a very nice paved trail, with some options for off-road running. I stuck with the pavement and ran an easy 3 miles and then threw in 4×200 to get my legs turning over. After that it was number pick-up, pizza pick-up, and sleep.

The next morning I was out the door at 7am which got me to the race well ahead of the 8:50am start. The high winds from the day before had diminished to 10mph and the low 50 degree temps meant this would be a good day for racing. I’d raced once before on this course (in 2005 I ran 16:34 for 3rd master) and recalled that it was a flat and fast course with only three turns. I checked out the course as a warm-up and was happy to see they had Kilometer splits (every “K” race should have them) in addition they had mile marks, a ½-way clock, chip timing mat, and the course tangent painted on the ground. This race really knows how to do things right!

After my warm-up I changed into my lightest racing flats and did another mile with some strides. I headed to the line and seeded myself in the second row. After a little bumping around in the first 200 meters things settled down and I found myself in the back of a pack of 5 or 6 guys. That group included 4 guys from Genesee Valley Harriers who have done very well at Nationals. I latched on and hit the 1K in 3:21. I was a little surprised because I felt pretty good. Tim Van Orden had noted before the race that “a 5k is a 2 mile race then hang on”. I was already thinking that in the early going. I got to the mile in 5:22 and was still hanging on the back of my group. They were running pretty even and it was good having some people blocking the breeze. I saw Tim at the turn and he was right around the top 10 and I was right around 30th. I thought we’d get a tailwind after the turn but it was still a cross to head wind. I hit 2 miles in 10:52 (5:30) and was thinking that I might have a shot at breaking 17. The group hadn’t broken up and I hung on through 4K. At that point people started kicking, but I had no kick. It felt like I’d been at maximum speed from the start and had no gear left. I ended up just missing sub-17 with a chip time of 17:00.5, and 7th place in the 50-54.

I can’t complain about the new PR and a top 10 finish. A sub-17 will have to wait until next year. I was pleased to see how even I ran when I looked at my Kilometer splits after the race. The Syracuse race will be the master’s championship again in 2016 and I hope to go back!

Kilometer splits: 3:21.0 3:23.5 3:25.6 3:25.4 3:25.0 17:00.5

1 15:08 Gregory Mitchell 42 1 M40-44 McMinnville, OR
2 15:41 Alan Black 41 2 M40-44 Hillsboro, GA
3 15:48 Chad Newton 45 1 M45-49 Pisgah Forest, NC
10 16:27 Tim Van Orden 47 3 M45-49 Bennington, VT
26 17:01 Dave Dunham 51 7 M50-54 Bradford, MA


We all slow down as we age an my time at the 5k it fits well in the graph above showing my best time for 5k each year over the last 33 years.

Final (Peak) Bags – I decided to use the long Columbus Day weekend as my opportunity to finish my town bagging in New Hampshire. I had eight of the 259 towns left in my goal to run in every town in NH. My first stop of the day was Woodstock/Warren where I parked at a turnout on the Sawyer highway that promised a “scenic view”. It was pouring rain and 43 degrees an auspicious start to my peakbagging weekend. I ran across the town line and back for a very nasty 3 miles with 420’ of climb/descent. It took me a half-hour to get feeling back in my hands.

259 towns

259 towns/cities

Wet and miserable

Wet and miserable

Next up was the town of Monroe. I parked on Smutty Hollow road and did a much more pleasant 3 mile run up/down the road. The rain had stopped for the moment and it was just foggy and a little misty for the run. This was a scouting mission of sorts as I’ll have to come back here to visit the former fire tower site on Signal Mountain. The dirt road run had a bonus as there were wild apple trees along the way. I grabbed one near the end of the run and ate it on my way to the next run. It was delicious.


Fall colors

Low hanging fruit

Low hanging fruit

My third run of the day was in Columbia. The temperature had soared up to 50 degrees and the rain was back but just lightly now. I ran a nice flat 3 mile run out/back into Lemmington Vermont. It was very scenic especially the start/finish at the Columbia covered bridge.

ColumbiaBridge RRtracks

The final run of the day was Diamond Peaks. I parked at the gate in Wentworth’s Location on Dead Diamond road and ran the road 2 miles to the well-marked trailhead in the town of “Second College Grant”. The first two miles were gentle climb of 150’ on dirt road; then the climb begin, it wasn’t bad but 46 degree temps and fog and drizzle and the view socked in made it a bit more of a slog than it should have been. After a mile of climb I hit the false summit at 1,970’ and then dropped 70’ before the final climb to the summit at 2,015’. I reached the top in 36:20 for 3.25 miles. There was nothing to see and I was cold (totally soaked from the narrow trail and pine trees), so I started right back down. I was very careful on the down as it was a bit slick and I was tired from the long day of running and driving. It took me 20 minutes to descend the 1.25 miles to the dirt road. After that the running was pleasant and I covered the last 2 miles back to the car in 16:25. One more town bagged and only three to go!

Foggy Marsh Diamond Peaks

Foggy Marsh at the start of the run up Diamond Peaks

My camping spot for the weekend was at the pleasant Mollidgewock State Park in Errol, NH. I selected the final site on the dead end road. The site was very secluded for being in a campground. It was right on the Androscoggin River and the rapids cancelled out any other sound; it made for a very nice evening even with the rain.

Camping next to the River

Camping next to the River

Berlin Fish Hatchery

Berlin Fish Hatchery

My next plan was to park at the Berlin Fish Hatchery and run the trail up to Unknown Pond (a 6.6 mile round trip). What I didn’t take into account was the road being gated and locked until 8:30 am. I didn’t want to wait, so I parked a mile from the gate and did my run from that point. Unfortunately that meant I wouldn’t be able to run all the way to the pond, so for now it will remain Unknown to me. Anyway I got in another enjoyable run and 8.5 mile round trip that bagged me the towns of Berlin and Killkenny that climbed/descended 750’. Finally the sun was out which made the upper 30 degree temperatures comfortable.

Kevin and I met up at the Dunkin’s in Berlin which was hopping with a mix of locals and hikers in town for the Columbus Day weekend. We carpooled and drove the sometimes rough dirt road (Success Pond Road) to the clearly marked trailhead for Success Mountain. It was 43 degrees, crisp and clear as we started out. We both carried some extra warm gear but went lightly clothed for the run up. I went with shorts and a long-sleeve since it seemed like such a bright sunny day. There was a sign at the TH that showed the trail off to the right so off we went. This would be my final town bagging run, after this I’d be able to claim to have run in every town in New Hampshire. The climb was gentle at first and a little tougher as we moved up the peak. We climbed from 1,630’ to the overlook loop at 1.5 miles and 2,990’. There were some great views from the Outlook especially the Presidential Peaks which were dusted with snow. We spent a little time checking out the view before heading back to the Success trail.

North Bald Cap

North Bald Cap with Mt Washington in the background

Rime ice

Rime ice on the summit of Success

The next 1.5 miles brought us up some icy and wet slabs and a couple of very wet and muddy swamp crossing before reaching the summit at 3,565’. The 3 mile climb of 1,925’ took us 62 minutes (including stops). We headed off the summit for a 150’ drop down to the plane crash site. It was pretty easy to find with the herd paths off of the final summit slabs. We spent a little time checking out the huge sections of plane that remain then headed back up to the top of Mt Success. The run down was pretty slow as I was being very cautious. We added in the “loop” section of the Outlook Loop and it was definitely worth it. Again there were some spectacular views of Mt Washington and the near peak foliage. We were back at the car 2:34 after we started with a 7 mile run behind us and for me all of New Hampshire done.



Plane crash remains2

Plane crash remains

Lancer Stride for Pride 5k – I haven’t gotten a win at a race this year and I have a streak of at least one win every year from 1979-2014. I picked a couple of races earlier in the year that I thought I had a chance at (based on prior results) but came up short in both of those. At the Wason Pond trail 5k I lost by 13 seconds and at the Freestyle farm trail ½ marathon I was 1:05 behind the winner. The calendar is working against me. I thought I found a good opportunity with this race in neighboring Lawrence, MA. Last year the winning time was around 21 minutes, of course you never know who will show up.

I did an easy 5 with Dan early in the morning to see how my legs felt from the weekend in the White Mountains. I was a bit sluggish but not too sore so I figured I should give it a go. I headed over to Lawrence and after picking up my number chatted with the race director about where the course went. He had maps for anyone who wanted one. I headed out for a warm-up course preview. I’m glad I had a map as there were a lot of markings on the ground (maybe it is part of the High School XC course?). The course was really nice, mostly on a narrow bike path along the Shawsheen river with a start and finish lap on the track at Lawrence Stadium.

The Mayor showed up and gave a quick speech before we started. Race timer Dave Camire and I chatted a bit before and he noted that “number 153 is pretty good” right before we started. The race is a fund raiser for the basketball team so there were a lot of B-ball players in the field. Everyone literally sprinted out for the first lap of the track. I wasn’t in the top 25 at 200 meters into the race. By 400 meters as we exited the track I had moved up to the top 10 and soon after that moved into third place. One of the B-ball players, Marcos Germosen (who has run for the track team as well) was up front with Luis Cruz a former Eagle Tribune all-star while at Lawrence high. Cruz graduated from Merrimack College earlier this year where he ran a sub 2:00 half and 4:20 for the mile. They had 10 seconds on me at the mile, but then slowed significantly as we hit the second loop around the baseball fields and ran into some traffic. I gained some ground and by half-way I was with them and we had to be very careful weaving around people who were not expecting us to come flying by. Soon after Germosen dropped back and we turned right onto the out/back section of the course.

Cruz hadn’t previewed the course and the guys at the various junctions were standing there but weren’t saying which way to go (a common problem with race volunteers). He’d pull ahead a bit but then not be sure which way to go and I’d yell out the correct direction. We stayed within a couple of seconds until the turn at 2 miles. I called out “right” and he took a right but instead of heading back he kept going! I yelled again and he stopped, turned and sprinted back to me. We ran together again until about ½ mile to go when he put in a surge. I couldn’t match him but tried to keep it close. He had a couple of seconds on me when we hit the track for the final lap, and then he just floated away putting another 4 seconds on me in the last 200 meters.

I headed out for another 3+ miles warm-down running the course plus a little more on the road. It wasn’t a bad way to get in a 15 mile day, but my win streak quest will have to go on hold for a bit. I’m racing at the masters U.S. cross-country championship then taking a couple of weeks off. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to race again sometime in December but won’t push it.

Lancer Stride for Pride 5K
Place Name Age S City St Time Pace
1 Luis Cruz 22 M Lawrence MA 16:52 5:27
2 Dave Dunham 51 M Bradford MA 16:58 5:29
3 Marcos Germosen 18 M Lawrence MA 17:58 5:48
4 C Jones 00 F Reading MA 19:13 6:12
5 Cassandra Pelissier 15 F Lawrence MA 20:34 6:38

National Masters Cross Country Championship – I’d been planning on doing this race for a couple of months and felt that my focus was good. The 5k in Syracuse two weeks before had me thinking I was ready to race. I headed out on Saturday (early) and met up with teammate Al Bernier in Chicopee. We carpooled from there, but our initial goal was not the race site. We passed through Saratoga Springs but continued on to the Saratoga County high point. Oddly neither Al nor I had been to Tenant Mountain previously so this would add to our county high point totals. We parked near an ATV trail and ran a little more than 2 miles into the woods at a nice easy clip. From that point we had another 2 miles to the summit but this would all be off trail (bushwhack). The going was very good with mostly open woods. We discovered a well preserved set of antlers, which Al carried out. We also discovered some pretty fresh bear poo. The first 3 miles into the woods featured only 200’ of climb, the next 1.2 had a little over 1,000 feet of uphill grind. We hiked through a couple of snow squalls and it seemed colder than 40 degrees. We spent just a couple of minutes on the top as there were no views. The hike out was uneventful and Al scooped up the antlers and ran with them the final 2 miles. The entire excursion took us just under 3 hours for the 8.4 miles with 1,400’ of climb and descent.

After that it was off to the Saratoga Spa State Park to preview the course. I felt like we were flying despite the slow pace and put it down to a lot of time driving and on my feet hiking. The CMS guys were all staying at the same hotel so we had an enjoyable dinner out and even some time to hang out afterward since the races were so late in the morning. We got to the race site more than an hour before the masters (40-49) race. My race wasn’t for a couple of hours so I had time to take pictures and then headed out on the course with Paul Bazanchuk to cheer on the guys. The masters had a great race with Greg Putnam finishing in third place one second out of first. The team put 7 guys in the top 15 to take the national title. After they finished Paul joined me (and Erik Wight) for a tour of the course. I again had the feeling we were flying even though the pace was around 9:00’s. It is always hard to tell if that is a good sign or bad sign.

I switched into lightweight road flats (the course was very dry and had a fair amount of pavement) and did another mile with some strides. I felt a little bit better and was ready to see what I had. I like the setup of this meet with 10 year age groups running their own heats. There were 58 runners in my heat (the 50-59 age group), so there was a lot less worry about getting stuck and not being able to pass. At the gun Mike McManus took off on his own and essentially ran a tempo run for the win. His 15:52 was the fastest time by anyone on this day and good enough for a 27 second win in our heat. I found myself in 10th place for the first ¼ mile of grass before the first turn. By the first hill at ¾ of a mile I’d moved up to 8th place and just before the mile I moved into 7th. I could see sometimes CMS teammate (Mt Washington) Francis Burdett up ahead and tried to focus on keeping him close. I counted about 10 seconds at 1.5 miles. We hit the second (and final) uphill at 2 miles and I closed the gap to about 5 seconds. That was as close as I’d get as the course flattened out and Francis took off. I didn’t ease up and worked right to the finish but ended up 12 seconds back. I was pretty happy to take a 7th place at a National Championship and my time (17:16) was a bit faster than I thought I could run. The course was 3 miles (not 5k) and seemed to run about 30 seconds slower than what you could run on the road for a legit 5k. I’ll take it!

Kicking for home

Kicking for home!

That is the end of the season for me. Two weeks completely off now and hopefully I’ll be back racing again in late December or early January.

Overall 50 Plus – 58 finishers
1 Mike McManus 50 M West Linn OR 15:52 5:07 Urban Athletics
2 Mark Hixson 50 M Simsbury CT 16:19 5:15 Hartford TC
3 Nat Larson 53 M Amherst MA 16:23 5:17
4 Mike Nier 50 M Rochester NY 16:25 5:17 Genesee Valley
5 Mark Zamek 52 M Allentown PA 16:42 5:23 Garmin
6 Francis Burdett 50 M Worcester MA 17:04 5:30 Greater Springfield
7 Dave Dunham 51 M Bradford MA 17:16 5:34 CMS
8 Kevin Forde 51 M Philadelphia PA 17:25 5:37 Greater Philadelphia
9 Alejandro Heuck 50 M Amherst MA 17:37 5:41 Greater Springfield
10 Ron Lombardi 51 M Brimfield MA 17:40 5:42 Greater Springfield
16 Joseph Regan 52 M Marlborough MA 17:50 5:45 U-Lowell teammate!
31 John Griego 57 M Blackstone MA 19:14 6:12 CMS
58 Finishers

October Course Records still out there:
I have three October course records on races still held (and still held on the same course). They all held up again for another year. Stark Mountain is a very interesting 1 mile race. It is an “open course” from the base of the lift line to the summit of Stark Mountain. Runners can ascend via any route they want. I chose a mix of trail and the lift line and set the CR in 2007 “running” a 23:50. That is by far my slowest mile raced. Back in 1991 I set the course record at the Nipmuck Marathon which was at that time held in June, so my record is now a little over 24 years old. I ran 3:01:54 for the tough double out and back course. I didn’t move into the lead until the final “back” section but was able to pull away for a substantial winning margin. The 32nd annual running of the race was held earlier this month and my time remains as the standard. At the time I felt that the effort was about 30 minutes slower than what I could have run had it been a road race. My other 1991 course record is from the Canton Gravy race 10k. This year was the 27th annual and I’ve held the record for the last 24 years with a 30:12.

Looking back:
35 Years ago: I raced six times during this month which was the meat of my junior year of cross-country racing at Billerica Memorial High School. I only ran 169 miles during the month with six days off early in the month. I kicked off the month with a win at home versus Austin Prep. With splits of 5:00, 5:13, and 5:20 I took first in 15:33. A week later I tied with teammate John Dangora in a dual meet at Wilmington, both of us running 15:33 over the 3 mile course. Four days later I noted that I “felt tired” as I went out with the leaders in the first mile (4:46) of the Catholic Memorial race at Franklin Park. I sputtered to a sixth place finish over the 2.9 mile course in 15:21. Three days later I went to a fight and a cross-country meet broke out. Billerica versus Tewksbury dual meet at Tewksbury high school. John Dangora and I were in the lead pack with a couple of Tewksbury runners. Elbows were thrown and there was some pushing and shoving. We got behind the school and John said something like “are we going to race or fight”. It turned out we’d do both. I took off and won the race (2.7 miles in 13:10), John took fourth. When Tewksbury runner Nick Romano crossed the line John threw a punch and the brawl ensued. I remember Coach Mike Granfield ending up on top of both of them and eventually separated them. What a wild dual meet! Four days later I took 5th place at the Northern Area Championship XC race at Bradley Palmer State park (3m in 15:54) on a cold and windy day. The weird part was during the race people kept yelling “Go Dave” which was surprising since Billerica didn’t race often in that area. I was excited that so many people knew me, right up until the finish when I found that everyone was actually yelling for Dave Quintal. The final meet of the month was another tie, this time with teammate Mike Bushnach. The top 4 runners from Methuen did not run the dual meet as it was only a few days before the next big meet at Franklin Park. Snatch and I tied in 15:30 over the three mile course.

Me and John Dangora

Dave Dunham and John Dangora during a Dual Meet

Lowell Sun All-Star Pic

Dave Dunham in Lowell Sun All-Star Pic

20 Years ago: I got in 384 miles during this month while racing four times and taking three wins. I started the month with a visit to New Castle for the “Great Island 5k”. This “big” local race (670 finishers) basically ran on every street in the tiny town of New Castle. CMS Teammates Scott Clark and Rod Viens took the race out hard, and then Dan Verrington moved into the lead just before the 2 mile mark. I was a few steps back with Mike O’Brien trying to hold on. I took the lead in the last ½ mile and put some distance on both Mike and Dan as we entered the final loop in the park. I picked up $150 for the win in 14:59.


Left to right (ones I know) Rod Viens #225, Scott Clark #14, Mike O’Brien #2, Dan Verrington #10, Me #6, Paul Hammond #12

2nd ANNUAL GREAT ISLAND 5K ROAD RACE – October 8, 1995 5 Kilometers (USATF Certified) New Castle, NH
1 DAVE DUNHAM 31 M BRADFORD, MA 14:59 4:49
2 MICHAEL O’BRIEN 35 M DURHAM, NH 15:04 4:51
5 DEAN KIMBALL 37 M CANDIA, NH 15:25 4:58
6 ROD VIENS 28 M CLAREMONT, NH 15:49 5:05

The following weekend I got another win, this time in Peabody MA at the Brooksby farm 5 mile cross-country race. I couldn’t find any online results (this was in the early days of Coolrunning), but I took first in 26:56 in a field of 31 finishers.

The next weekend was the Mayor’s cup XC race in Boston. This race has always attracted the hardcore XC racers as can be seen with my 27th place in 24:41. I noted in my training log that I “went out hard but was way back”. CMS had a big presence due in part to a brief merger with “Sev’s team” (Bob Sevene) from Boston. That merger didn’t last very long.

Event 1 Men’s 8,000 Meter Cross Country (7935M)
1 Seamus McElligott 27 Nike 23:09.0
2 Brad Barquist 27 Mizuno TC 23:12.0
3 Abidi Bouaza 24 Westchester TC 23:20.0
4 Jonathan Hume 27 Reebok RC 23:26.0
5 Gary Giffen 26 New Balance Coastal TC 23:35.0

20 Eric Morse 30 Central Mass Striders 24:18.0
27 Dave Dunham 31 Central Mass Striders 24:41.0
33 Bill Bland 26 Central Mass Striders 24:53.0 Sev’s
34 Scott Clark 29 Central Mass Striders 24:54.0
41 Jamalh Prince 25 Central Mass Striders 25:09.0 Sev’s
54 Chris Bianchi 27 Central Mass Striders 25:36.0 Sev’s
55 Richard Bolt Central Mass Striders 25:37.0
58 Greg DeMeo 34 Central Mass Striders 25:43.0 Sev’s
79 Nathanial Halsey 24 Central Mass Striders 26:18.0 Sev’s
91 Bob Hodge 40 Central Mass Striders 26:38.3 Wow! A 40-year-old Hodgie cranking fast time!
117 James Pawlicki 21 Unattached 27:34.0 Future CMS racing team manager
118 Pat Callahan 22 Central Mass Striders 27:36.0 Sev’s

I finished the month with a small XC race in the Middlesex Fells (Stoneham, MA). The Hurtin’ for Certain club put on a 5k XC race which I won in 15:33.

15 Years ago: I raced three times over this month during a stretch of racing that I hadn’t done before and would never do again (racing 154 miles over 5 weeks, completing three marathons, a half-marathon, and a 100km race. I got three wins, a second and a fifth place. I think I’m still trying to recover from this). It seemed that most of my mileage was from racing as I totaled “only” 392 miles for the month. I took the plunge and ran my first Ultramarathon to start the moth off with a bang. I’m not sure why I chose the Chancellor’s Challenge 100k in Boston, but I remember thinking that if I was going to go beyond the marathon I’d REALLY go beyond the marathon. It was windy and in the 40’s as we took off on ten 10k loops that did a figure 8 passing the Hatch Shell every 5k. I went out conservatively in the early miles trying to relax and let the miles pass. I hit the marathon in 2:47 and thought “I’ve never raced further than this”. My next marathon was run in 2:50, and I closed out the distance with a 1:09 for the final 10 miles. For the first half of the race I hovered around the top ten then slowly began passing people. I went into the lead at 75km (46 miles) and pulled away for a 7 minute win in 6:46:39. At the time that got me ranked 9th on the U.S. 100km list. The race was superbly managed by Dave Magilvary, and I took home $3,000 for the win.

Finishing my first Ultramarathon

Finishing my first Ultramarathon

Five minutes after the finish

Five minutes after the finish

A week later I visited Farmington NH for the Nute Ridge half-marathon which was part of the Hockomock Swamp Rat series that I was trying to win. I ended up taking second place to CMS teammate Larry Sayers running a 1:14:27 and picking up $25 for the effort. I definitely wasn’t quite recovered from the 100k.

Nute Ridge Half Marathon
3 1:16:57 5:53 MIHALY MOLNAR 31 M HUNGARY
5 1:21:39 6:14 KEVIN HYNES 35 M MEDFORD MA

Two weeks later I closed out the month with a fifth place at the Falmouth Marathon (USATF NE championship) in 2:30:53 on cold (35-40) and windy (30 mph) day. A big pack stayed together through the half before things started to roll, probably in deference to the weather. USATF-NE Grand Prix Marathon Championship
1 DANNY GOUGH 32 M M1439 PORTSMOUTH RI 2:24:29 5:31
2 CRAIG F. FRAM 42 M M4049 PLAISTOW NH 2:27:55 5:39 WRT
3 LOWELL LADD 24 M M1439 CARLISLE PA 2:28:05 5:40 BAA
5 DAVE DUNHAM 36 M M1439 BRADFORD MA 2:30:53 5:46 CMS
6 PAUL HAMMOND 40 M M4049 LEXINGTON MA 2:32:01 5:49 WRT
7 CHRIS TEAGUE 30 M M1439 NORWOOD MA 2:33:22 5:52 GLRR
10 GREGG CORNELL 40 M M4049 PASCOAG RI 2:34:37 5:55 CMS
15 JIM G. GARCIA 42 M M4049 WESTFORD MA 2:42:07 6:12 CMS
20 JERRY LEARNED 52 M M5059 HOPKINTON MA 2:53:56 6:39 CMS

Hunting season

Hunting season, be VERY careful out there!