Feb 25, 2023 at 6:00 AM
Sycamore Canyon Trail Runs
Lakesie CA, 92040
Entry Fee $75
(Lowest or Early Registration)
Entry Fee 2 $290
(Highest or Late Registration)
Prize Money: no
First Year of the Event: 2016
Early Packet Pickup: Friday, Feb 4th TBD location
(you can also pick up your stuff on race morning starting at 445AM)
Date: Feb 5th, 2021
Time: 430AM (early start by request for 100K), 500AM (100K solo & relay), 600AM (50K solo & relay), 700AM (Half)
Elevation Gain: Approximately 1400′ per loop (50k = 5,600 & 100k = 11,200)
Cutoff times: 10:00PM off course. 100K must start last loop by 8PM (this is a FIRM cutoff).
(Early Start for 100K (slow) runners only!)
Registration Requirements: 100K Solo runners must have completed at least one 50k+ race
Total Distance: 102km, 51km, 13.1 Miles
2022 100k Rates are as follows (100k solo/2 person relay/4 person relay):
– Oct 31 – $140/$190/$280 (early bird)
Nov 1- Jan 1 – $150/$210/$320 (regular)
Jan 2 – Feb 4 – $165/$230/$360 (Late Reg)
(no on site registration)
2022 50k Rates are as follows (solo/4 person relay):
– Oct 31 – $90/$180 (early bird)
Nov 1- Jan 1 – $105/$220 (regular)
Feb 1st – Feb 22nd: $115/$260 (Late Reg)
(no on site registration)
2022 Half Marathon Rates are as follows:
– Oct 31 – $70 (early bird)
Nov 1- Jan 1 – $90 (regular)
Jan 2 – Feb 4 $100 (Late Reg)
(no on site registration)
Refunds: Refunds for personal reasons must be requested AT LEAST by March 15th. Refunds for personal reasons are ONLY made via PayPal minus a 10% processing fee.
In the event the race is cancelled by an act of God/Nature or per the race directors discretion, the following guidelines apply depending on the date of cancellation:
Jan 5 – Race Day = 25% refund (via Paypal only)
Dec 15- Jan 4 = 50% refund
Now – Dec 14th = 100% refund
The Sycamore Canyon 100k is a multiple loop course run as a solo ultra or with as part of a relay team.
Solo runners must complete all 8 laps themselves.
4 Person relay works as follows (100K does two laps each person & 50K relay does 1 lap each person):
Each runner completes two laps (12.8km/7.9 miles per lap). Each runner can run their laps consecutively or they can reset between laps. It’s all part of the strategy!
The 4 person relay will have 3 categories for finishing place:
1. Open (must have at least one female)
2 person relay works as follows:
Each runner completes 4 laps (12.8km/7.9 miles per lap). Each runner can run their laps consecutively or they can reset between laps. It’s all part of the strategy! Relay members can be of any gender combination.
If a runner is hurt, can’t finish a second lap, or does not show on race day – there are NO SUBSTITUTIONS. One of the other relay runners will need to pick up the extra lap(s). Substitutions are allowed up until 24 hours before the race starts.
Awards: All entrants will receive a long sleeve tech shirt. Finishers will receive a finishers award.
100k Solo 1st Male & Female overall: Free Race in 2023 + $100 Cash
100k Solo 2nd Male & Female overall: Free Race in 2023 + $50 Cash
100k 4x Relay (first in each category): Each participant will receive a prize + there will be one overall award
100k 2x Relay (top two teams overall): Each participant will receive a prize + there will be one overall award
50k 1st Male & Female overall: Free Race in 2023 + $75 Cash
50k 2nd Male & Female overall: Free Race in 2023 + $50 Cash
50k 4x Relay (first in each category): Each participant will receive a prize + there will be one overall award
Half Marathon 1st Male & Female overall: Free Race in 2023 + TBD Prize
Half Marathon Age Group Winners: TBD Prize
Drop bags will be designated at Race HQ. You will have access to your drop bag every 11.1km. Please label them with your name, bib#, & race distance. Please ONLY bring a drop bag if you are a solo runner (no drop bags for relay runners to save space)
You may set up your own tent with your own crew, supplies, etc., in the start/finish area. This entire area (entire parking lot) is considering an aid station. However – make sure you check in & out at Race HQ when going to and from your tent. ONLY ONE tent per team please!
Parking is NOT allowed in the immediate start/finish area so you’ll have to haul in your tent, etc. Parking will be just outside the start/finish area, along the road leading up to it. You may have to walk a quarter to half mile, depending on when you arrive. IF you bring MORE than one relay team, you may park your car with your tent(s). NOTE: Your relay teams must have the same team name, ie., Here To Run #1 and Here to Run #2.
1. Have fun!
2. Be Safe. There are many hazards along the course including (but not limited to), mountain lions, rough terrain, rattle snakes, sharp cliffs and drop offs, etc. It is your responsibility to run safe and stay alert.
3. Except in case of medical emergency, runners may accept no aid nor assistance in any form from anyone, including pacers and crews, between aid stations.
4. Each runner must carry all of his own food, fluids, clothing, and other supplies needed for use between aid stations and must carry a minimum of 20oz of water.
5. Littering of any kind is strictly prohibited. Littering will result in the immediate disqualification of the runner in this year’s race, and for all future races.
6. Runners are responsible for the actions of their crews.
7. Participants must follow the marked trail at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
8. Each runner must be checked IN at EVERY aid station. Runners not checked at each aid station may not be credited with officially finishing the Run.
9. Lights are REQUIRED for running after dark. For safety reason, you may not be allowed to finish without a light after 5:00PM.
10. Any entrant who is unable to finish the Race must inform personnel at the nearest aid station of his or her decision to withdraw. You MUST turn in your race bib at this time. Runners who leave the course without turning in their bibs will be classified as “lost,” and may be billed for charges incurred in any search and rescue operation.
11. Pacers are ONLY allowed for solo runners and from 5PM and onward OR at the start of your last lap if it is before 5PM. Your pacer MUST check in and get a pacer bib.
12. Headphones are not recommended or encouraged. Use at your own risk.
13. Respect all park rules including 10MPH speed limit driving in and out of the park. Stay on only designated trails. No littering. Be respectful to other park users. If you run with your dog – it must by on a 6′ (max) leash.
No photos available.
Past Event Dates
Held on Feb 25, 2023
Held on Feb 05, 2022
Held on May 01, 2021
Held on Feb 29, 2020
Held on Feb 23, 2019
Held on Feb 24, 2018
Held on Feb 25, 2017
Held on Feb 27, 2016