Dec 12, 2020 at 6:00 AM
Running Is Not Closed Trail Run #8
San Capistrano CA, 92625
Entry Fee $75
(Lowest or Early Registration)
Entry Fee 2 $80
(Highest or Late Registration)
Prize Money: no
Series: Running Is Not Cancelled
Percent of the course on un-paved trails: 100%
First Year of the Event: 2020
This is the toughest race in our series!! The 50k is actually a 58k, and very tough. Total mileage is 36 miles. Be prepared for the toughness of this route.
The Important Details/Rules:
1. These organized runs will take place every Saturday starting the last Saturday in June, and run through until the end of the year. These runs will only take place on Saturdays with the exception of 4th of July weekend. That will be held on Sunday July 5th.
2. Each of these organized runs will have a maximum number of participants set at just 20-25 runners so spots will be very limited
3. Each run/route will be different every weekend.
4. All runs will be held on legally open trails
5. Each run will be an out and back. It will be marked exceptionally well.
6. All runs will have a 30k and 50k option
7. Each run will offer a beautiful finisher medal handmade in the USA, and an awesome finishers shirt made in the USA
8. Each individual run will have precise results that will be loaded to ultrasignup the same day as the fun run
9. These fun runs can be ran as competitive as you want. If you choose to run it fast then feel free to! Your finish time will be recorded 100% accurately from the time you start to the time you finish.
10. Each run will have two wave starts so as to not ever have a group of more than 10 people together in one spot
11. When you finish your run you will collect your finisher medal, shirt, and cold bottled water (which will be sanitized/wiped and in a sanitized/wiped gallon ziplock bag) and then you must not hang around. All finishers will have to leave when finished. No congregating in groups.
12. Results will be posted that day on ultrasignup , and Facebook
13. These runs are limited to CA residents
AID STATIONS: For each of the run in the series you will have two aid stations along your routes that you will hit on your “out and back” courses. These aid stations will be zero contact aid stations. Runners are not allowed under any circumstances to touch anything. You must enter the minimal aid station, open your own pack or bottle, and the volunteer will pour water or electrolyte for you while the volunteer wears gloves. This volunteer will put on a clean pair of gloves every 20 mins.
The aid station will have: Water, Fluid electrolyte, Spring energy gels, GU gels, pre-packaged chips and cookies, and ice. Ice will only be touched by the volunteer using a scooper. This scooper will be replaced with a clean scooper every half hour. These aid stations will be incredibly minimal and follow all safety and sanitary rules.
The route is an out and back, and ran 100% on trails. The 58k will have two aid stations total. The 30k will have one aid station. Only 58k runners may have drop bags. You will see your drop bag at mile 18 (aid station and turn around spot).
PLEASE READ: These runs are low key grassroots events that are meant to be fun. Running in the fresh air on trails is the best medicine for all of life’s stressors, and we want to give you that gift. These races are inexpensive, and just meant to be a fun way to legally and safely get back out on the trails again together.
No photos available.
Past Event Dates
Held on Dec 12, 2020