Feb 06, 2021 at 5:30 AM
Elder Creek Trail Runs 30K/50K
Anza CA, 92539
Entry Fee $120
(Lowest or Early Registration)
Entry Fee 2 $135
(Highest or Late Registration)
Prize Money: no
Percent of the course on un-paved trails: 100%
First Year of the Event: 2021
The Cahuilla Band of Cahuilla Indians of the Cahuilla Reservation is a federally recognized tribe of Native American Indians located in Southeastern California. Their tribe originally came from Coachella Valley, through San Gorgonio Pass, to the San Jacinto Mountains. In 1875, their tribe was relocated to modern day Anza, where they are headquartered today. The tribe’s language is derived from the Uto-Aztecan language and they are known for their beautiful basket weaving, both of which they now pass to future generations through songs, games, stories and practice. For almost 21 years, the tribe has owned and operated the Cahuilla Casino Hotel, which underwent a complete remodel, and they had their grand reopening in May 2020.
I am incredibly honored, and humbled to be given permission by this amazing tribe to hold a trail race on their sacred lands. It has some of the most beautiful and breathtaking views I have ever seen. With 360-degree views of jaw-dropping mountain landscapes, it is also encompassed by trails that are surrounded by the native Redshank tree, Manzanita, and eye-catching rock formations. The land and beauty is as vast as the eyes can see.
1. Date: Saturday February 6th, 2021
2. Time: We will do staggered wave starts in groups of 15 starting as early as 5:30am
3. Registering/Cancellation: This race will be held rain or shine. Cancellation is not contingent to State mandate due to the tribe’s jurisdiction.
4. This course is a 4.6 mile looped course. The entire loop is lined with beautiful Redshank trees and manzanita. You will do 4 loops for the 30k, and 7 loops for the 50k.
5. The course is ran on groomed double track jeep roads. It is not technical, and has a number of small gentle rolling hills.
6. You will have one aid station that you will hit as you come in from each loop. So one aid station every 4.6 miles. We will set up two areas for the aid station that you can get aid from so that we do not have overcrowding.
7. Aid stations will be manned by volunteers, and will be absolutely no contact by runners when you arrive at the aid station. The volunteers will have gloves and masks on as you come in, and you will let them know what you need. They will use tongs to get anything you need, and pour water or electrolyte for you. Safety and your health will be held in the highest of regards.
8. Aid station will have: GU gels, Spring gels, Fluid Electrolyte drink, water, Ice (if it’s hot out), a very large handful of pre-packed snacks like chips, cookies, crackers, ect, and a handful of selection of energy bars like Clif and kind bars. We will have gluten free options.
9. There will be no bibs. This run will be limited to just 125 runners. You will be assigned a bib #, and must know it. When you stand at the start line in your wave you will call it out to the timing folks. This will be your check in so we know you are starting. You must also call it out to timing as you come in for your finish. You will be notified a few times of your bib # before the race, and can write it on your hand in sharpie if you are worried about forgetting it.
10. There will be bathrooms at the start/finish which also will be where you come in from each loop. We will provide a handful of hand sanitizing stations, and hand water washing stations in this area.
11. Your temperature will be taken before you start. If you do have a high fever you will not be allowed to run.
12. All finishers will receive a beautiful handmade finishers medal, an epic long sleeve tech shirt, and some other exciting surprises!
13. Lodging: Just adjacent to the start/finish is the beautiful Cahuilla Casino Hotel! Once registration fills I will email everyone with info on reservations. This hotel is beautiful, and newly remodeled.
No photos available.
Past Event Dates
Held on Feb 06, 2021
View 2021 Results