Contact: Nancy Hobbs, Chair, USATF Mountain Ultra Trail Running Council
(719) 573-4133 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Release: September 16, 2009
Nominations open for 2009
USATF Mountain Runners of the Year – Open and Masters
USATF Ultra Runners of the Year – Open and Masters
USATF Mountain/Ultra/Trail Contributor of the Year
The Mountain/Ultra/Trail running (MUT) council of long distance running will
select the 2009 USATF Mountain Runners of the year and Ultra Runners of the
Year based on nominations received
from interested athletes, coaches, and administrators involved in the sport.
The following is the selection criteria for the 2009
1) Nominated athlete must show top results in US mountain/trail competitions for 2009 (November 1, 2008 through October 31, 2009) - this will include mountain races (these may be on paved/gravel surfaces as long as there is significant elevation loss or gain) and trail races of varying lengths below the ultra distance. USATF ultra runners of the year results on trail and ultra road courses above the marathon distance in both national and international competition.
2) The nomination window includes the period: Nov 1, 2008 through Oct 31, 2009.
3) Show top results in international competitions for 2009
4) Be an ambassador for the sport - athlete promotes and supports mountain running
5) Be a USATF member for 2009 - athlete MUST have a current USATF membership
6) To be considered for the masters category, athlete must be a minimum of 40 years of age.
Nominated athlete's name, age or birth date (if you know it), athlete contact information, brief bio, reason for nomination in 2009. Anyone and everyone is welcome to nominate an athlete (or in the case of COY – an individual, company, etc.). An athlete may also nominate himself/herself.
Nominations received by
will be considered in the
selection process. After all nominations are compiled, the MUT council will
(by November 20) for the
mountain runner and ultra runners of the year from nominations received. The
We also will accept nominations for contributor of the year for mountain, ultra, trail. Past Contributor of the Year recipients have been: American Ultra Running Association, Teva, La Sportiva, North Texas Trail Runners, the Mad City 100 km, the White Mountain Milers, and Sccott McCoubrey.